Senior Care Emergency Department
St. Joseph Medical Center is proud to announce it has achieved Accredited Geriatric Emergency Departments through the American college of Emergency physicians.
- First Accredited Geriatric ER in Kansas City!
At the St. Joseph Medical Center emergency department, we will see you quickly, while taking the time to fully evaluate your condition and develop the best plan for your care. With our geriatric trained Emergency Nurses, our Emergency Room team has been trained to identify seniors that may need extra support during or after their hospitalization.
Our special senior emergency rooms feature a calm environment created to enhance safety, comfort, and include:
- Educated Geriatric Emergency Nurses
- Easy-to-read signs and clocks
- Pressure reducing mattresses
- Tranquil Environment
- Hand rails
- Extra seating for family
- Skid- proof footwear
- Large print signage and documents
- Reading glasses
- Hearing devices
- Bedside commodes
- Warm blankets
- Geriatric Nursing Education