Senior Behavioral Health Services
We provide personalized care for adults over 55 years of age experiencing acute behavioral symptoms associated with dementia and/or a mental health condition including: bi-polar disorder, anxiety, depression and schizophrenia.
Our inpatient services offer stabilization and treatment for these adults displaying serious behavioral changes. Our state of the art 23 bed unit provides a welcoming, safe, supportive environment where patients receive care based on their individualized needs. Our interdisciplinary approach to care includes a highly qualified and experienced team of professionals who offer a variety of treatment modalities.
For further information, contact us at 816-943-5800
Our Senior Care Team
We draw from a number of backgrounds and specialties to set you or a loved one up for success. To do so, we have assembled a diverse team that includes:
- Behavioral health therapists
- Medical doctors
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Psychiatrists and psychologists
- Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses
- Social workers
- Certified Therapeutic Recreational Therapists
- YOU– Families, friends and staff from patients nursing communities are an integral part of a patient’s treatment at SJMC
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation
- Individualized meetings with a Psychiatrist
- 24/7 nursing/ medical support
- Individualized treatment planning
- Individual and group therapy
- Counseling services
Senior Behavioral Health Challenges We Treat
Our diverse team of specialists creates an individualized treatment plan specifically tailored to fit yours or a loved one’s unique needs; and we work tirelessly to ensure everyone leaves our program with the tools necessary to meet life’s challenges. These include treatment programs designed around:
- Agitated/aggressive behaviors
- Anxiety next to Depression
- Assaultive behavior or ideas that pose a threat to others
- Extreme sadness and/or isolated behavior
- Disorientation or hallucinations
- Hearing voices and/or seeing things that are not there
- Self-injurious behavior
- Severe depression
- Suicidal feelings
Click on the video below for a virtual tour:
Make a Referral or For More Information
Information is available to be received 24 hours a day by an designated staff member.
All information is completely confidential.
We recognize how important families and friends are to our patients. We are now accepting visitors. A dedicated social worker will be communicating after admission to ensure visitation occurs while maintaining a safe and clean environment.