- Have you read the front and back of all insurance cards issued to you by your (or your spouse’s) employer?
- Have you contacted your insurance company regarding pre-certification at least one to two days prior to service to confirm authorization?
- Do you know if your healthcare provider’s charges will or will not be covered by your insurance company?
- Does your policy require a deductible charge? If so, what is the amount?
- Does your policy require a second medical opinion? If so, have you obtained the second opinion?
- Does your policy require that you have a referral form for healthcare services? If so, have you obtained your referral form and given it to your performing physician and hospital?
- Does your policy require a claim form? If so, have you completed the form for submission to your physician(s) and hospital?
- If you are scheduled for surgery, is your surgery related to any type of accident? If so, have you given all of the accident-related information to your healthcare providers, such as how, where, and when
Are you covered by more than one insurance plan? If so, have you submitted all insurance information to your healthcare providers?
This will include:
- Name of plan
- Telephone number
- ID number
- Subscriber’s date of birth
- Completed claim and/or referral form.