John Forman, MD, FACS
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeron
John Forman, MD is board certified in general surgery, cardiac surgery and thoracic surgery.
He completed his general surgery residency at the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York and his cardiothoracic training at the University of Alabama in Birmingham. Dr. Forman has over 30 years of experience and serves as the Director of Cardiothoracic Surgical Services at St. Joseph Medical Center.
Dr. Forman is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, was selected as one of Kansas City 435 Magazine’s Top Doctors in 2017 and was also named a Super Doctor by the magazine in 2011.
Dr. Forman specializes in:
Open Heart Surgery
- Aortic valve replacement
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Mitral valve repair/replacement
- Atrial clip
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Transcarotid artery revascularization
- Femoral endarterectomy
- Femoral popliteal bypass
- Aortic stent graft
- Abdominal aneurysm repairs
- Video Assisted Thoracotomy
- Thoracic resection for benign and malignant disease